Thursday, December 2, 2010

Dead Prez- They Schools

I'm not a very good rapper, but if I was Stic-man or M1 from Dead Prez then I might write this song instead of an essay for my Philosophy of Education project. Before you listen to this song please be warned that it is laced with cuss words and general "bad" language, including racial epithets. I still think it is a very very good song, one which has influenced my ideas about public education immensely and probably kept me from going in to teaching for a couple of years.

Again: Adults only, not for sensitive ears!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Erik... a provocative and powerful musical statement on education. As educational inquirers, look to all sources of insight - music, books, movies, images, etc. - as we ponder the meaning of our craft and the purpose to which we teach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erik, I am unable to find your "Rap"....is it in voicethread or this blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. it should be embedded in a player in this post.

    ReplyDelete